DIPLOMA IN SPECIAL EDUCATION VISUALLYIMPAIRED - D. Ed Spl. Edn. (VI)
Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent with 45% marks for SC / ST and others 50% marks.
Total number of Seats: 25 seats per year .
Duration of the course: 2 years.
Course Fees: Rs 25,000.00 per year.
Course Content - Theory
1. Introduction to Disability and Psychosocial Implications of Disability.
2. Education in the Emerging Indian Society
3. Child Growth and Development
4. Planning & Management of Special and Inclusive Education
5. Education of Visually Impaired Children
6. Medical, Psychological and Social Perspectives of Visual Impairment
7. Teaching of Plus Curricular Activities
8. Education of Children with Low Vision
9. Education of Visually Impaired Children with Additional Disabilities
10. Integrated and Inclusive Education
11. Teaching of Mathematics for Visually Impaired Children Content cum - Methodology
12. State Language and English
13. Social Studies
14. General Science Content-cum Methodology
Practicum (1st Year)
2. Orientation & Mobility
3. Use of Special Appliances
4. Preparation of No-Cost/Low-Cost Teaching-Learning Material
5. Practice Teaching
6. Community based Teaching (Urban)
Practicum (2nd Year)
2. Orientation and Mobility
3. Preparation of No-Cost/Low-Cost Teaching - Learning material for children with visually impairment
4. Practice teaching
5. Project Work
6. Community Based Teaching (Rural)
7. Teaching of ADL skills
8. Preparation of tactile maps
9. School Visits